(Implemented in Teledyne DALSA Hardware)
If your machine vision system shows you something, you’d like to be able to trust it. But the reality is that a lot can go wrong in a complex imaging system. If your Machine Vision system is a “black box”, how can you tell if your data is complete and correct—is it “the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth” If something does go wrong, can you tell what, where, and more importantly why?
Teledyne DALSA’s Trigger-to-Image Reliability framework can give you the answers for a true Machine Vision System. T2IR is a combination of hardware and software features that work together at a system level to help you improve the reliability of your inspection through Machine Vision System. It controls and monitors the entire process from trigger through image capture and transfer to host memory and helps protect you from data loss.
- Makes machine vision system more predictable
- Prevents many errors before they happen
- Lets your machine vision system manage exceptions in controlled manner
- Provides machine vision system debugging and tracing
- Reduces downtime
- Improves application response time
- Increases robustness of Machine Vision System.
Situations Where T2IR Helps
- Too many objects fall in front of the camera (over triggering)
- Need to troubleshoot a device
- Need to verify critical imaging events such as lost frames, lines, triggers etc.
- Need to build verification into applications as part of runtime operation
- Want applications to be portable across devices and platforms
- Want to tag images for traceability
- In overload conditions, want to skip some inspections but keep track of what was skipped
What is T2IR?
“T2IR” stands for Trigger to Image Reliability. It is a combination of hardware and software features built into Teledyne DALSA vision components that work together to improve the reliability of your vision system.
What does it do for me?
T2IR delivers full system level monitoring, control, and diagnostics capability. T2IR lets you reach inside your vision system to audit and debug image flow. It stores images temporarily in its onboard memory to overcome unexpected transfer bottlenecks and avoid data loss. That means no lost data, no false data and a clear source to identify and track any errors. T2IR ensures robust and reliable operations to produce repeatable results, and it does so in a non-intrusive manner that does not interfere with other system applications.
Is T2IR part of hardware or software?
Both. T2IR is a combination of system-level features specifically built into Teledyne DALSA’s hardware and software products. For hardware products, it includes visual indicators and firmware features that can be controlled and monitored from user applications using Sapera LT SDK. Sapera LT SDK provides a programming API and standalone GUI-based tools to deliver T2IR functionality.
How do I take advantage of T2IR functionality?
T2IR functionality is available in three distinct methods. Teledyne DALSA hardware products incorporate visual indicators – LEDs. These visual indicators use color coding and varying flashing rhythms to indicate device status. These indicators are indispensable tools when diagnosing issues at a distance from a host PC or before the PC is booted. T2IR also includes standalone GUI tools which are part of the Sapera LT SDK. These tools can be run concurrently with user applications without interfering with the normal operations. Users can monitor low level system events without modifying their applications. The T2IR functions included in the GUI tools are also available via API as part of the Sapera LT SDK. Users can directly incorporate these functions into their applications.
What are the software utilities included in T2IR?
T2IR provides a number of diagnostic software utilities: • Sapera Monitor • SaperaLogViewer • Sapera PCI Diagnostic Tool • Sapera Networking Tool • Sapera Configuration • Xtium Diagnostic
Do I have to use the Teledyne DALSA software utilities to access T2IR functions?
Is there an API?
Our software utilities are always available, but one can use the Sapera LT SDK to integrate T2IR functions into your own applications.
Do you provide code samples for using the API?
Yes, in .Net C#, VB and C++, as part of the Sapera SDK.
What functions does it provide?
T2IR functions can be grouped into these main areas:
- Acquiring the Right Target: Ensures synchronization between image acquisition and object motion to acquire the images necessary to make correct decisions
- Managing External Triggers: Handles expected and unexpected external events and provides control responses to reduced image artifacts due to motion
- Tracking and Tracing Images: Provides continuous coverage of the entire image flow to deliver confidence; greatly aids debugging.
- Monitoring the Acquisition and Transfer Process: Enables preventive action if resource usage exceeds a predetermined threshold, selectively keeping or discarding images to sustain processing speed
- Overcoming Too Much Data: Handles peak loads to avoid data loss
- Ensuring Data Quality: Helps increase uptime and reduce waste
- Advanced Diagnostics: Rapid pinpointing of errors for speedy diagnostic and preventive actions